studying in Germany

Most frequently asked questions about studying in Germany

Going abroad for higher studies is every student’s dream. Studying abroad has so much into the deal than just the fact that you get a foreign degree. From gaining a new experience, to learning new languages, meeting different people, testing your ability to rely on self, trying out different cuisines, and getting to study with diverse races is an excursion of its own. Every year thousands of students fly from their home countries and travel abroad in the pursuit of higher studies. Though leaving behind your family and home and living alone in a small dormitory room in a foreign land is not at all an easy job to do but it has its own rewards that are totally worth the entire struggle and hard work.

When it comes to picking a country to study abroad in, the one of the top countries that pop in the minds of students is Germany. Germany is one of the best hubs for higher education. It has some of the top university in the world which deliver excellence in the form of education. One of the many reasons why students opt for this country is that Germany has many universities that are tuition free. The state universities are usually tuition free since the government pays the fees in order to promote education to a high level.

However, when a student is all set to take on the flight to land in Germany, there are some question that cloud their minds. So here are some questions that are frequently asked about studying in Germany and something which you might want to know too.

  1. Can I study in English language in Germany?

There are a number of International Degree Courses which are taught in English to those students who are relatively weaker in German language. Although these courses are only provided in the first semester. However, there are some Post graduate (Master’s program and PhD) which are entirely taught in English language.

  1. How can I get the residence permit?

People who travel to Germany for studying there with a Visa and intend to stay there for a long period of time must get a residence permit. To obtain it, the student must get a certificate of enrollment from the university they have got the admission in, the registration from the authorities, proof of financing, and a valid health insurance contract. Once these are submitted, the student is issued a visa for two years.

  1. Will I have to speak German?

The medium language for instruction is German. The teachers and professors at the universities in Germany use German language to deliver their lectures, however, for random conversation on campus it is not a rule to talk in German language only. A lot of students get very fearful of this and think they might have to speak all-German all the time which is not the case. You are free to speak any language but must understand German language to be able to understand the teacher’s lecture. And for this, you are required to pass a German language course first.

Visit and get all your answers solved by this top Education Consultant in Karachi.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *